- Year: 1973
- Kilometers: 80,000 miles
- Exterior: Mimosa Yellow
- Interior: Chestnut Brown
- Engine: 2.5L
- Transmission: 4 + Overdrive
- Seats: 2
- Steering: LHD
This impressive ‘matching numbers’ TR6 has only completed 80,000 miles, it’s an ex-Californian car, so consequently the chassis and body are in excellent corrosion-free condition and it can be traced back to its American keeper.
Owned in the UK for the last 10 years by a retired Jaguar technician, many improvements have been made to the TR6 to benefit the handling and performance, whilst keeping this classic sports car true to its original design and appearance.
Performance improvements include; S.U. carburettors, uprated cylinder head and Poly-bushes to the front suspension, making this TR6 a pleasure to drive with its crisp, smooth six-cylinder engine and slick overdrive gearbox.
The interior is in excellent condition with its original ‘Chestnut’ brown seats and trim, original steering wheel and impressive wooden dashboard and instruments. The hood and tonneau cover are also in very good condition and the car also benefits from a stainless steel luggage rack.
This striking Mimosa yellow TR6 featured in ‘Classic Car Weekly’ in 2005 and received a very good review (article available). There is a Heritage Certificate confirming that all numbers and colours match and a comprehensive history file.
The car is a genuine and very good example with no corrosion and offers the chance to own a stunning TR6 that can be enjoyed immediately.
• Rust-free ‘Californian’ TR6
• Original left-hand-drive
• Matching numbers
• Full restoration late 90’s
• Last owner retired Jaguar technician
• Striking Mimosa yellow paintwork
• No corrosion
• Overdrive gearbox
• S.U. carburettor upgrade
• Unleaded cylinder head upgrade
• Numerous components replaced
• Excellent Black hood and tonneau cover
• Excellent wooden dashboard
• Original ‘Chestnut Brown’ seats
• Original steering wheel
• Brown carpets in good condition
• New boot carpet
• Stainless steel luggage rack
• Poly front suspension bushes
• Stainless steel exhaust
• New stainless steel wheel trims
• New red TR6 wheel centres
• Black pinstripes and Union decals
• Comprehensive history file
• 80,000 miles detailed
• M.O.T. history dating back to 1989
• Featured in ‘Classic Car Weekly’ 2005
• Heritage certificate
• Contrôle Technique with zero defects
• Carte Grise de Collection